Sunday, November 28, 2010

insight

So explaining on my life a little:

Business and just working in general, not one of my strengths. I have either quit or been fired from dozens of jobs in my lifetime. (usually the latter though.) I don't stay at jobs long if the work environment doesn't suit me.
I don't put much weight into jobs, they don't mean that much to me. The people I choose in my life come above all else.
You can find a job anywhere. But people like Leslie don't come along even once in a lifetime.

I didn't realize until the internet came along, when people started revealing their deep feelings online, that most people are lonely and bored. Alot more than I ever was.

First off, I'm a certified loner. I really don't need the presence of other people, I never get bored. THe reason mostly was because being a latchkey kid, never having my parents around, you learn to not depend on anyone else for things. If something breaks, you learn how to fix it. If you're bored you find something to do.

I remember when I was 10 years old living in New Jersey, instead of doing homework, I'd be in the garage for hours fixing up my bicycle.

My dad was never meant to be a parent.
My dad left me with a bad taste in my mouth about alot of things. He would put his work above everything else, including family. Jobs he would be neurotically punctual to, but to see his kids, not so much.
His actions spoke louder than any words. So my parental role model was set.
Actually, my anti-role model.

I vow never to have kids. I know I'd be an awful parent. I have no one positive to base it on.
My mom tried the best she could but she was never around, she had to earn the money. I don't hold that against her, but it caused alot of friction growing up.

So that's why I put my one personal relationship above everything else in my life.

That's why I could never work retail, why I refuse to give up my weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment